Embed Profiles Assessment Invitations in Application
Article Appropriate for These User Types: ADMINISTRATOR
Applicable HireCentric Dashboard: APPLICANTS
If you use both HireCentric ATS and Profiles International assessments available through the Profiles Assessment Center (PAC), then you might be interested in embedding your assessment invitations right into the employment application process. HireCentric can accommodate two different scenarios:
- Inviting applicants to take assessment(s) at the point of application via on-screen message
- Inviting applicants to take assessment(s) later in the selection process via email template
With both of the above scenarios, you will need to create a self-registration within your Profiles Assessment Center portal. Since ExactHire is also a provider of Profiles International assessments, we can certainly assist you with this process. Or, you may use this Profiles tip sheet to set up your own self-registrations. NOTE: Please be sure that you do NOT indicate an expiration date for the self-registration.
Inviting applicants to take assessment(s) at the point of application via on-screen message
With this method, you will be indicating that all applicants for a specific job listing should be invited to complete the assessment(s) immediately following the submission of their regular application. This notice will be seen on-screen by the applicant. Here's how it works:
- 1a - Email email@example.com to indicate your interest in using Profiles assessments within the application process in HireCentric. Once we hear from you, we will ask you to provide us with the text from your self-registration - including the URL address and entry key provided to you when you set up a self-registration for a specific assessment. If you need guidance on setting this up within your Profiles Assessment Center portal, please let us know or reference the tip sheet linked earlier in this document.
NOTE: Part of the self-registration creation process will include determining whether or not you'd like completed assessments to automatically be scored. Your decision will likely depend on your hiring frequency, types of Profiles assessments used, and budget. It may make sense to hold off on the auto-scoring option when first enabling this process so that you can get a feel for how many applicants will complete the assessment. Then, you can always go into your PAC portal to score certain assessments and obtain results later.
- 1b - Once we have the URL and entry key, we will set up the assessment invitation area within your HireCentric ATS so that you will be able to attach it to the job listing(s) of your choice.
- 1c - Then, you may add/edit job templates and job listings so that the applicant is prompted to take the assessment at the time of the application:
- 1d - Once enabled for a specific job listing, an individual who applies to that listing will experience the following screens toward the end of the regular application process:
- 1d - Once an applicant completes an assessment, you will receive an email notification as long as you set that notification up when completing the self-registration within the PAC. The applicant's assessment results cannot be viewed within HireCentric; however, they are visible within your PAC portal.
Inviting applicants to take assessment(s) later in the selection process via email template
If you prefer to invite only applicants that make it to a later stage of the selection process, then please follow step 1a above, but then continue on with 2b instructions below. Here's how this scenario works:
- 2a - See 1a above
- 2b - Once we have the URL and entry key, we will set up the assessment invitation email template within your HireCentric ATS so that you will be able to use it to email invitations to the applicants of your choice.
- 2c - Add/edit job templates and job listings to indicate that the applicant should be invited to take the assessment(s) later in the screening process. NOTE: This serves only as a reminder to you that this scenario is to be used for this specific job listing. You still must physically email selected applicants using an email template in order to send them the invitations later.
- 2d - Then, once you are ready to invite certain applicants who have reached later stages of the selection process, click on the applicant(s') name(s) and assign the appropriate email template:
- 2e - Once an applicant completes an assessment, you will receive an email notification as long as you set that notification up when completing the self-registration within the PAC. The applicant's assessment results cannot be viewed within HireCentric; however, they are visible within your PAC portal.
If you have questions about this process or would like to take advantage of it within your HireCentric portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you find this article helpful?