OnboardCentric: E-Verify: TNC
Article Appropriate for These User Types: ADMINS & E-VERIFY ROLEApplicable OnboardCentric Dashboard: E-VERIFY & USERS
E-Verify cases can be determined to be a Tentative Non-Confirmation (TNC) by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). When this happens, it can be confusing but it does not need to be with OnboardCentric.
You will know if your employee has been tagged as a TNC by reviewing the E-Verify section, Work With > E-Verify. Employees identified as a TNC will be in the Action Required tab.
Individuals may be marked as a TNC for the following reasons:
- Name, A-number,I-94 number and/or foreign passport number were recorded incorrectly in DHS records
- U.S. Passport, Passport Card, driver’s license or state ID card information could not be verified
- Information was not updated in the employee's DHS records
- Citizenship or immigration status changed
- Record contains another type of error
- Information was not entered correctly by the employer
Step 1: This will be completed by providing the TNC Notification letter to the employee. This letter will automatically be attached to your new hire's profile in OnboardCentric. Simply follow this path, Work With > Users > Locate Employee > Open Document Locker > Download/ Print TNC Notice
Step 2: After your employee has reviewed the TNC Notice they will decide to contest or not.
Step 3: You will submit your employee's decision through OnboardCentric.
Step 4: Ensure your new hire contacts the DHS to contest the TNC.
Step 5 & 6: Review updated results and close case through OnboardCentric.
Still Need Help?
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Did you find this article helpful?